Do you love cheese with a passion?
If so, let’s get started!
Gnocchi alla romana is delicious! They are exactly the right thing to eat when you want to chill out in front of a movie.
250g semolina flour
2 egg yolks
100-200ml grated parmesan cheese
Butter, onions and salt
1. Put the milk and the semolina in a heated pan. When the mixture is ready, it will be thick with a porridge like consistency.
2. Add the egg yolks, a knob of butter, a pinch of salt and stir well.
3. Pour the mixture onto a flat surface, preferably on baking paper.
4. Flatten into a large rectangle, about 1 cm thick.
5. When it has cooled down, cut out circles with a cookie cutter (grease the edges so nothing sticks).
6. Put the semolina circles into a buttered ovenproof dish. Add some well cooked onions, sprinkle the cheese over this and pour some cream on top at the end.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, and bake until it’s nice and golden.
Its comfort food disguised as an elegant dish of semolina and cheese ‘gratinee’. Eat with a bottle of red wine and you are good to go!