In Rome all mighty, the picturesque scenery is a delight for the eyes.
However, walking around in a timeless city such as this one comes with its pains and blisters. When that comes up, it is time to stop and have a bite.
Between la Piazza del Popolo and la Piazza di Spagna, you’ll find:
– A classy Italian ambiance, which will make you relive Audrey Hepburn’s “Roman Holiday”.
– Nice restaurants and coffee shops. (See next posts for addresses and directions!)
These two facts make it the perfect place to chill. That is exactly what we did, and that is where I come across the most amazing/ surprising dish ever.
I got the recipe: Here it is!
– Gnochetti with asparagus and gorgonzola cheese –
1. Cook the gnocchi in a large pan of boiling salted water, for about 2-3 minutes, until they rise to the surface.
2. Put the onions, parsley and garlic in a frying pan with the olive oil. After about 5 minutes, the onions should be tender and ready. Reduce heat to medium.
3. Add a little salt and pepper. When you are done, the sauce should be nice and thick, and the gnocchi well coated.
4. Put the cooked gnocchi in a dish. Tadaah, it’s ready!
Tip: You can add a little grated Parmesan cheese on top. As I said before, it makes all the effort even more worth it.